The department of Molecular Biology and Agril. Biotechnology was started in the Year 2014-2015 with the vision of imparting quality education and research in the field of molecular biology and biotechnology for students perusing both undergraduate and Post Graduate studies. The department has well equipped molecular laboratory for basic and applied research related to crop improvement. The department is actively collaborating with national and international institution and thereby facilitating the students to carry out the research in collaboration wherever required.
• To impart education and training in different aspects of recombinant DNA technology.
• To conduct basic and applied research on crops grown in Hyderabad-Karnataka region for biotic and abiotic stress influencing crop growth and development.
• To develop climate resilient crop varieties/hybrids to counter climate changing scenario.
Collaboration for carrying out students' research :
With aim to provide quality research to M.Sc students of the department, the following institution scientist are helping students through collaborative research .
• National research center for plant biotechnology (NRCPB, New Delhi)
• CIMMYT- Mexico
• Indian institute of Horticultural research (IIHR, Bengaluru)
Indian Institute of oil seed research (IIOR, Hyderabad)
Asst.Prof & Head
Specialization : Cloning, sequencing,transcriptomics
Department of Molecular Biology and Agril. Biotechnology,
College of Agriculture,
University of agricultural Sciences,
Raichur-584102, Karnataka, INDIA
Mobile: 9480423823, E mail: ampatil123@gmailcom , Fax:08532-220193
Copyright © 2023 College of Agriculture - All Rights Reserved.
Powered by Manoj Kumar, COA, Raichur